Few things are more attractive than someone who knows what they want. Whether it’s the movie they want to watch on a Saturday night, the type of breakfast sandwich they’d like to order on a Sunday morning, or the qualities they’re looking for in a partner, decision and determination are incredibly attractive qualities. (As long as they’re not associated with being bossy, that is.)
“One of the hottest dating terms in  was ‘hardballing’: being clear from the start about what you’re looking for in a relationship,” says Logan Ury, director of relationship science at Hinge and author of How not to die alone. “It’s not about being needy. It’s about saving time by making sure you’re on the same page as the people you’re dating.
Luckily (and by design), Hinge has a prompt for that: “I want someone who.” Filling in the blank here allows you to tell potential matches exactly what you’re looking for in a relationship – or in a fling or situation, for that matter – while also giving you a chance to share some of your interests and show it off. sparkling humor.
Of course, knowing what to say — and how to say it in a fun, fresh, and flirtatious way — is no small feat. If you’re nervously biting your nails and looking for quick ideas, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Here are 20 responses to Hinge’s “I want someone who” prompt to help you find the perfect match.
- Cheerfully spend Saturday night on the dance floor and all day Sunday on the couch.
- Can cover Dr. Dre’s lines in a karaoke duet of “Forget About Dre”. Don’t worry, I had Eminem down.
- I’ll walk around fancy galleries pretending to be an art collector with me. Fake mustache recommended, but not required.
- Look at me the same way I look at Tacombi tacos.
- Sends me silly memes all day long just to make me laugh on a conference call.
- Will take dance lessons – salsa or swing, your choice.
- Came down to try my latest culinary creations (and always show up for dinner with wine!).
- Wants to form a book club for two with me.
- I will be joining my ultimate frisbee team at the park on Wednesday nights.
- Appreciate my goofy sense of humor. Seriously, expect a lot of dad jokes.
- Finish my sentences and my sandwiches.
- Will be my plus-one in the dozen weddings I have coming this year. Bonus points if you do the “Cha-Cha Slide” with me.
- It helps me (forces me?) to join them at the gym before work.
- Evict spiders from my apartment – they’re scary and they don’t pay rent.
- Say, “let’s all go” when I suggest three appetizers. And the desserts.
- I don’t mind if I play the 10 minute version of “All Too Well” on repeat.
- Will always be on my team no matter what.
- Gets all my silly references to The simpsons and Seinfeld.
- Knows how much I love my coffee in the morning. I’ll learn how to make your bacon and eggs in exchange.
- Is shamelessly themselves.