Lip-smacking dishes, elegant decorations and illuminated parties – it’s all about the holiday season. It’s also one of those festivals where our homes get the much-needed renovation. People are flooding the markets to buy new furniture, to have their houses repainted and some even change the whole decor. But sometimes even the simplest and simplest decorating ideas can spruce up the look of your home.
Below, Ashish Dhingra, founder of Obsessions, a furniture brand, has selected three new age decorating ideas that will bring a festive atmosphere to your door in no time. Read it to the end!
1. Brighten up your space with perfect lighting
Lighting is one of the key elements of decoration. Even a single change has an impact on the overall mood and ambiance of a room. If you manage to find the right balance of light in your living spaces, you’ve won half of the decor challenge! To get started, assess your venue and decide what kind of mood you want to create. For example, if you are thinking of luxury, go for dazzling chandeliers, antique wall lights or focal lamps. But if minimalism is what you hope for, pendant lights, LED backlit panels may be your perfect choice. Matching ceiling lights, wall lights or spotlights are also suitable for simple but spectacular lighting.
2. Rugs that can instantly beautify your space
Want to enhance the elegance of your space in an instant? Being versatile and charming, rugs are the kind of furnishing pieces that add distinct style, warmth and luxury to your home. Additionally, rugs or rugs, when properly placed with comfy cushions, can also create a nice seating arrangement. You can play card games or enjoy delicious specialties with your loved ones. When it comes to buying rugs, we have some quick tips from the experts.
– Add a festive vibe to your home by using bold and regal color combinations like blue and beige or black and gold with ethnic patterns on it. Your home will instantly turn into a kingdom when these rugs are matched with the perfect lighting to complement them.
– In addition to the color combinations, also look for the detailed floral designs on the rugs which are a classic design theme for festive seasons and can never go out of fashion. Having a good quality floral rug can be used for any festive occasion or meeting.
– If you are someone who would like to add a glamorous vibe to your home, vintage overdyed rugs are also a great option and have become a huge trend lately, they would instantly uplift your space with their exquisite options in colors and patterns. unique patterns.
– Finally, since winters are also approaching, consider investing in high pile and wool rugs as they would be perfect for providing the warmth and comfort you crave in the months to come.
3. Make a statement with innovative table decorating ideas
To be the ultimate host, it’s not enough to focus on the perfect dishes. You need to set the perfect table to complete your sumptuous festive spread. All your efforts can be wasted if your center table is simple. Here are some table decorating ideas that will support you! Choose brightly colored bowls for savory and contrasting plates for sweets, pair the lookup with ethnic brass urli bowl in the center, with fresh lily or marigold petals and scented candles floating in the water.
Along with that, add vibrant or themed placemats to match the overall feel of the table. For example, you can choose from Banarasi placemats and table runners, cotton tablecloths with embroidery designs and tassels in the corners which could instantly bring unique charm and festive theme to your table decoration.
Read also: This new range of air-purifying linens is a must-have