Bananas are one of people’s favorite fruits. It is easy to eat unlike pomegranate and pineapple, just peel it and eat it. They are packed with nutrients and are readily available in the market. Bananas are considered one of the oldest fruits in the world and are often considered a way to prevent mood swings as they contain amino acids, tryptophan and vitamin B6. Apart from making shakes, bananas can also be used to make tasty dishes including snacks and desserts like chips, shakes, puddings, donuts, etc. Here are 3 quick banana dessert recipes.
- 4-5 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon small cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup walnut kernels (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons almonds, cashews and chopped walnuts (for garnish)
- Peel the banana and mash it well.
- Then put the mixed banana puree and milk in a deep container on the gas for cooking. When all the milk is dry, turn off the gas.
- Put the ghee in another container and heat it, put the mixture of banana and milk in the hot ghee and fry it while stirring continuously.
- When the mixture turns brown, add the sugar, grated coconut, walnut kernels and cardamom powder and fry until dry.
- Grease a plate with ghee, then pour the mixture on it and spread it in a half-inch thin layer.
- Top with chopped walnuts, cashews and almonds and after cooling, cut into burfi-sized pieces.
Banana Halwa (Kelyacho Halvo)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 cloves
- 6 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of ghee
- 3-4 peeled and crushed cardamom pods
- 2 cups of water
- First, cut and slice the banana and mash the cardamom.
- Now put 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Also, while boiling the water, add the sugar and keep stirring in between.
- Now add ghee and cloves to it and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Then add the banana pieces and mix.
- After that, cover the pan with the lid and boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Now add crushed cardamom to it and cook for a minute or two and serve hot.
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 4 (roughly crushed) Cardamom
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 4-5 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 cup milk
- To make a banana cake, take out all the flour in a large bowl, add the wheat flour, sugar, salt, cardamom powder and baking powder and mix well.
- Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces and mash well with a spoon. (The banana can also be mashed with milk by putting it in a blender)
- Once the banana is well mashed, add some milk to it and add the flour, flour mixture to this mixture and mix until well combined. The solution should be mixed until the lumps are removed and it becomes smooth.
- Add 2 teaspoons of ghee to the paste and mix and keep for 15 minutes.
- To make pancakes, put a non-stick towa on the gas, heat it and spread ghee on the towaspread it all around, the gas is low and the towa is slightly warm, take 1 tablespoon of the batter and put it on the pan and with the help of a spoon spread the pancakes slightly. Pour some ghee around the pancake with a spoon and pour some ghee over the pancake. Let the pancakes cook over medium heat until they turn light brown from the bottom.
- When the bottom of the crepe is light brown, flip it over and roast it until it turns golden brown on the other side as well.
- Once roasted on both sides, take the pancake out of the pan and take it out onto a plate. Similarly, prepare all the pancakes. With this much dough, about 10-12 pancakes are ready.
- Eat it with jam, butter or honey. You can also serve this pancake with sour pickle, it tastes good. Give children a glass of milk with it, it will be a delicious breakfast for them.
The presence of dessert on the menu satisfies our stomach and compensates for hypoglycemia. Many of us love sweets and indulge in sweets. It can brighten up our day and make mealtimes more enjoyable. Desserts are generally unhealthy, so banana recipes may be a better dessert option. It not only helps in muscle building but also improves skin and hair. So add the banana to your dessert menu to put a smile on both your stomach and your face.