THANKSGIVING REMAINING RECIPES: LUNCH
Cranberry Apple Kale Salad with Parma Frico and Garlic Ciabatta
This hearty kale salad is the stuff of dinner dreams. Toss the tender greens with apple slices, roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, chewy dried cranberries and a creamy and tangy Dijon honey dressing. It’s all topped with Parm frico – deliciously crispy cheese wafers – for a filling but light dinner that you’ll want to make over and over again.
Remaining Thanksgiving Ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
- Dried (or fresh) cranberries
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in circles on a baking sheet and cook until golden (about 6-8 minutes).
- Toss kale, roasted Thanksgiving vegetables, cranberries and apple slices in bowl with honey Dijon dressing. Mix well to coat.
- Break the frico into bite-size pieces and sprinkle over the salad.
Turkey curry salad
This curried turkey salad is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric-rich curry powder, garlic, onion, and tart cherries (or cranberries). Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, stirring to coat. Serve as fresh. Makes 6-8 servings.
- 4 cups skinless turkey breast, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt