Eid al-Fitr or Meethi Eid has arrived and it’s the perfect excuse to treat yourself and enjoy a variety of mouth-watering desserts with your family and friends. After a month of fasting, it’s party time as Muslims in India celebrate Eid on Tuesday, May 3, 2022. A time to spread joy and have a joyous time with your loved ones, a grand feast of l Eid is usually prepared at home to be served lovingly to family and other guests. (Also read: Eid al-Fitr special: Baklawa to Mutton Seekh Kebab; 4 mouth-watering dishes you must try)
If you’re looking for last-minute recipes, we’ve got you covered.
Gur Badam Recipe
* 100g of almonds
* 40g jaggery
* 1 teaspoon of water
* 1.5 tsp sesame seeds
* Toast the almonds in a drop or two of olive oil.
* In a skillet, take the jaggery and dissolve it in the water.
* Add sesame seeds and almonds to the mixture.
* Spread the mixture on a plate/tray and wait for it to cool down properly.
Besan Ladoo chocolate truffles
* 2 cups Besan (gram flour)
* 7 tbsp Desi Ghee
* 0.75 cup caster sugar or powdered sugar
* 1.25 tsp cardamom powder
* 12 chopped cashews (toasted)
* 12 chopped pistachios (toasted)
* 12 chopped toasted almonds (toasted)
* 12 small raisins
* 200 g of dark chocolate or milk chocolate (depending on your preference)
* Roast your besan (sieve) in a heavy skillet over low heat, stirring continuously for 10-15 minutes.
* Add ghee to this roasted besan and keep stirring for another 10 minutes until it starts losing the sides of the pan.
* Transfer your besan to a baking sheet and let it cool completely.
* Add sugar and cardamom powder to the mixture and knead into a paste. There should be no lumps in the dough.
* Add the roasted pistachios, cashews, almonds and raisins and mix well. Knead well.
* Make balls of equal size with this mixture.
* Melt your choice of chocolate in the microwave. (Pull out at short intervals to swirl the chocolate.) You can also melt it in a double boiler.
* Take your previously prepared laddoos and dip them in chocolate. Let them cool on a non-stick plate.
You can add toasted almonds/grated coconut to your melted chocolate. You can also add sprinkles on top of your truffles to make them look prettier.
(Recipes from Chef Ravneet, Founder of Fleurons)