Friendly has scaled back its menu but added a dozen new items that include burgers, pasta and salad as well as a few new “Barking Pretzel” ice cream desserts.
The restaurant said: “The revamped menu signals a new era for the iconic brand, appealing to a younger clientele while continuing to cater to long-time customers.”
In a press release, Friendly’s starts with main courses – let’s start with ice cream.
The new Barking Pretzel Ice Cream Flavor, Friendly said, “is a brown sugar flavored ice cream swirled with peanut butter, chocolate covered pretzel chunks and salted pretzel bark chunks.”
It is featured in the Barking Pretzel Shortcake Sundae, Barking Pretzel Fribble, and Barking Pretzel Brownie Tower.
Friendly also added a new Fribble – the Fudgy PB Nut Fribble – with whipped cream and a cherry on top (which also comes on other Fribbles).
“As the third oldest restaurant chain in the United States, Friendly’s is more than just a name, it’s a collection of stories, memories, ideas and loving guests who have passed through its doors. “, said Roberto De Angelis, experienced chef agent of Friendly’s Restaurants.
“We want to stay true to this wonderful heritage, while continuing to evolve, so after carefully studying the emotional connection between our customers and our brand, we are updating our menu. We’re keeping the items customers love, eliminating others and adding great new offers. »
Friendly’s said the eight-page menu has been reduced to two. Pasta and ground burgers were added along with an expanded range of salads.
Here are the new items:
- Tater Kegs – Five giant tater kegs stuffed with cheddar, bacon and chives, topped with sour cream.
- $100,000 Cobb Salad – A hearty salad topped with boiled egg, crumbled blue cheese, chopped bacon, cranberries, golden raisins, diced tomatoes and thin slices of savory chicken breast tossed with a light balsamic vinaigrette.
- Caesar salad with chicken – Mixed lettuce, thinly sliced chicken breast, parmesan shavings and garlic croutons tossed in a creamy asiago caesar dressing.
- Jammed-Up Burger – This beef masterpiece features a classic beef patty and white cheddar cheese, topped with a generous layer of cheesy brisket, lettuce, tomatoes and jam. figs on a brioche bun.
- Cheese Skirt Burger – It’s a cheese lover’s dream come true: a cheese skirt. Savor the cheese skirt first, fold it inside the burger, or stop for a bite after a glorious bite of burger and crispy Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. Topped with tangy Thousand Island dressing, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickle chips on a brioche bun.
- Doritos Cool Ranch Ground Cheese Burger – This burger starts with a classic juicy beef burger topped with pepper jack cheese, onions, jalapeños and salsa, then slathered in ranch dressing and topped with Doritos Cool Ranch tortilla chips. All wrapped in a toasted ciabatta bun.
- Tex-Mex Alfredo Taco Pasta – A Bolognese-style Tex-Mex meat sauce and pasta tossed in a creamy Alfredo Sriracha taco sauce. Served with toasted ciabatta bread.
- Bangin’ Beef Stroganoff – Thinly sliced sirloin steak coated in a creamy mushroom, onion and garlic sauce and tossed with perfectly cooked pasta. Served with thick ciabatta bread.
- American Cheese Brisket SuperMelt – Melting beef brisket and melting American cheese are piled high on grilled parmesan sourdough.
- Grilled Chicken Mozza SuperMelt – Thinly sliced chicken breast, roasted red peppers and a basil pesto sauce are layered between thick white cheddar cheeses and mozzarella on toasted sourdough.
- Oven Roasted Beef Brisket – Six ounces of extra tender brisket; served with steamed vegetables, garlic mashed red-skinned potatoes and a thick slice of ciabatta bread.
- Aloha Stir-Fried Chicken – Chicken with vegetables and rice with pineapple in a light sauce. Crispy chow mein noodles complete this stir-fry.
Here’s the best part – Starting Wednesday, April 6, in-dining and online customers will get a free Medium Sundae with the purchase of a $100,000 Cobb Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, a wedged burger, a Doritos Cool Ranch chopped cheese burger, Tex-Mex Alfredo Taco Pasta, or the Mozza SuperMelt Grilled Chicken through April 30.
April 6th is National Twinkies Day (who knew?). Here’s how to get free Twinkies.
Reese’s new Pantry Pack ensures you won’t run out of Peanut Butter Cups.
Krispy Kreme is celebrating spring with new mini egg fritters.
Ahoy new chips! cookie pack designs inspired by teen artists from the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.