When it comes to holiday desserts, they’re usually overkill and require a lot of prep work. These adorable Christmas tree brownies from Delish are for those times when you don’t have a lot of time, but still want to do something cute and festive. They are easy to make and kids can even help decorate! Use your favorite brownie recipe or keep it simple and use a boxed brownie. Make things even easier for you and also use canned icing for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Delish.com. Click here for more holiday recipe ideas.
Makes: 18 servings Preparation time: 10 minutes Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 box of brownie mix, plus the ingredients requested on the box
- 3/4 tsp. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 ch. Granulated sugar
- 1 C. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Green food coloring
- 6 candy canes
Sprinkles, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 °. Line a 9 “-x-13” parchment paper, leaving a 2 “overhang on the long sides and grease with cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into pan. prepared pan and cook until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle, beat butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until blended, then add the vanilla, heavy cream and salt. (If you want a thinner consistency, add an additional 1 tablespoon of cream.) Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer to a pastry bag with a small open star nozzle.
- Remove the brownie from the pan and cut it into 3 long rows, then cut each row into 6 triangles each for a total of 18 triangles.
- Cut the candy canes into 3-inch-long pieces and insert them into the bottom of each brownie to create a trunk.
- Zigzag line over brownie and garnish with sprinkles for ornaments.