The Barefoot Contessa is known for phrases such as “How easy is that?” and “store bought is fine.” So it’s no surprise that Ina Garten’s no-bake dessert ideas are as easy as can be. The celebrity chef suggests using everything from store-bought brownies and fresh fruit to cheese — yes, cheese — to create no-bake desserts. Plus, she has Barefoot Contessa dessert recipes that require no baking.
Ina Garten’s No-Bake Dessert Ideas Include Variations on Store-Bought Ingredients
To have Is it easy? six times the moments with Garten’s no-bake dessert ideas that revolve around store-bought ingredients. Listed on page 188 of her cookbook Barefoot Contessa, Back to basicsGarten included a few no-bake dessert ideas, many of which included the store bought route.
She included six ideas for no-bake desserts using explicitly listed store-bought ingredients or those that are, more often than not, purchased instead of made from scratch (think vanilla ice cream and sorbet). .
Here are the no-bake dessert ideas listed by Garten:
- Vanilla ice cream drizzled with saba
- Vanilla ice cream mixed with chopped crystallized ginger and store-bought almond biscotti
- Store-bought brownies, coffee ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Commercial pound cake grilled and drizzled with honey and fresh raspberries
- Passion fruit sorbet and vanilla ice cream with Gray Goose vodka poured on top
- Store-bought chocolate cake with Haagen Dazs vanilla melted ice cream as sauce and fresh raspberries
Garten also suggests serving fruit in different ways for dessert.
Garten’s no-bake dessert ideas continue with fruit. the Modern comfort food author proves how easy it can be to whip up a last-minute dessert with little more than fresh fruit.
Here are the Food Network star’s no-bake fruit dessert ideas:
- Fresh pears, English stilton and aged port
- Clementines, dates, good chocolates and demi-sec champagne
- Strawberries macerated with sugar and good balsamic vinegar
- Macoun apples, English cheddar and store-bought gingerbread cookies
Garten’s Country Dessert Platter requires no cooking
Want an official Barefoot Contessa recipe that doesn’t mean turning on the oven? Check out Garten’s country dessert platter.
And, of course, Garten has tips on how to do both of those things. Not only does she use locally sourced baked goods, but she advises choosing desserts in different colors and using Japanese design principles as a guide.
Jump the ice cream truck and make ice cream sandwiches at home. No, that doesn’t mean making cookies and ice cream from scratch.
Garten makes them herself using store-bought ice cream and cookies. She prefers to use Tate’s Bake Shop cookies, a Barefoot Contessa favorite, as well as Talenti ice cream. To make them special, she likes to roll each ice cream sandwich in pieces of caramel.
RELATED: Barefoot Contessa: Zucchini Dish Ina Garten Calls ‘Easiest No-Bake Side’ To ‘Make In Summer’