NEW YORK (WEB PR)
September 19, 2022
capitusa leading provider of financing for small and medium-sized businesses, today announced the finalists of its inaugural Building Resilient Businesses (BRB) competition which will award $250,000 in cash prizes to small business owners across the states -United. A total of seven prizes will be awarded – a 1st prize of $100,000, a 2nd prize of $50,000 and five 3rd prizes of $20,000.
In the first stage of the competition, each small business that entered submitted a video sharing the story of their small business and how $100,000 would help them continue to write that story. A total of 15 finalists were selected from hundreds of small business videos, from 37 states across the United States. Finalists were chosen based on the scores received in the first round of judging which were based on the storytelling, creativity, enthusiasm and passion portrayed in their video submissions.
In the next phase of the competition, Kapitus is asking the public to help choose the winners by watching the videos and voting for their favorite small business. Voting opens Monday, September 19, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. EDT and ends Monday, October 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
The Kapitus Building Resilient Businesses finalists are (in alphabetical order):
1. Blacks will swim – Long Island, NY – Breaking the stereotype that black people can’t swim, Black People Will Swim is based on four fundamental pillars encouraging people to FACE (Fun. Awareness. Community. Education) their fears.
2. Rash Brownies – Winston-Salem, NC – A Black woman-owned mobile bakery offering small-batch desserts based on old family recipes and innovative imagination. Brash Brownies brings Louisiana culture to North Carolina.
3. ATL courtyard side – Lithonia GA – Create VIP basketball experiences that anyone can participate in, by deconstructing the game into: Shoot, Dribble & Pass. We use technological features to transform, gamify and transfer content for elevated experiences.
4. fat lady cake – Amherst, NY – Fat Lady’s Cakes and Pies specializes in creating gourmet desserts using all-natural ingredients. From classics to new innovations, we offer a full line of tasty treats.
5. Branchial Brothers Candle – Indian Head, MD – Branchial Brothers Candle Co. is a company with a mission that creates vegan fragrances. Founders Collin, Ryan and Austin Gill have donated $40,000 to homeless shelters through the sale of their products.
6. Kai’s Fools – Houston, TX – Specialty bakery offering gluten-free, low-carb, no-sugar-added treats. Inspired by a father and daughter who recreated their cooking style due to allergies and a commitment to better health.
seven. monolith games – Siloam Springs, AR – A small board game and card store owned by a husband and wife. We’ve created a safe space where people can hang out, play games, and most importantly – be themselves.
8. game pit – Atlanta, GA – 100% natural deodorant, free of aluminum, parabens, synthetic fragrances and harsh chemicals. Play Pits are a mother’s solution to providing an all-natural, kid-friendly hygiene option for youngsters with active lifestyles.
9. postal petals – West Hollywood, CA – A new way for people to enjoy the beauty of flowers through the experience of arranging them. Fresh cut flowers are shipped nationwide for customers to create their own flower arrangements.
ten. stir it up – Fairbanks, AK – Inspired by a little boy with allergies and a town with no options, Stir It Up has options for your food lifestyle, guaranteed. A women-owned business specializing in gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and low-carb options.
11. shreds of faith – Pearl, MS – SOF is a conscious beauty brand curated and formulated with rich cruelty-free ingredients to nourish, restore and refresh textured strands while increasing moisture retention and overall hair health.
12. Superfit Hero – Los Angeles, Calif. – Superfit Hero is the world’s most comprehensive line of premium activewear for women, with sizes L-7XL. Fitness is for every body.
13. TFTI experience – Houston, TX – Houston’s original photo experience. Over 15 creative setups for breathtaking shots including Infinity Mirrors, LOVE Letters, Upside Down room, DJ Confetti Room and more. TFTI has something fun for everyone.
14. the Enchanted Rose Emporium – Vancouver, WA – Providing a unique collection of vintage-style gifts and craft supplies that focus on sustainability and teaching yesterday’s craft skills to children and adults – preserving these art forms .
15. The Tree Yoga Cooperative – South Los Angeles, CA – Black and Latina owned holistic wellness and community support center. We offer accessible, inclusive, trauma-informed, and culture-centered yoga classes and training for all body types, abilities, and ages.
The official winners of the Building Resilient Business competition will be announced by Friday, October 28, 2022. In addition to cash prizes, all winners will receive an eight-hour counseling session – valued at $800 – to help them to develop their business. Winners will be able to choose a session in one of the following areas: digital marketing, financial management or data analysis.
The competition marks the official launch of Kapitus’ Building Resilient Businesses initiative, a program dedicated to giving back to the small business community through programs and initiatives that provide financial assistance, educational resources, and products and services they need to grow their business and stay resilient.
To vote for your favorite finalist tour: https://kapitus.com/brb-vote/
Founded in 2006, capitus is one of the most experienced and trusted names in small business financing. As a direct lender and marketplace with an extensive network of financial partners offering a variety of products, Kapitus has provided over $4 billion in growth capital to over 50,000 small businesses. Kapitus, directly or through trusted partners, offers products tailored to the needs of every small business, including term loans, sales-based financing, SBA loans, equipment leases and revolving lines of credit.