It’s that time of year again. The birds are chirping, the sun is burning and the dishes are taking shape at the downtown restaurant known for its annual round.
Kingfisher Bar & Grill’s The 2022 Summer Road Trip, which is a culinary journey through different regions of the United States, begins Wednesday, June 1 at 4 p.m.
It’s crazy to think that Kingfisher has been hitting the road – in a culinary sense – for 29 years. It’s a road trip that doesn’t require a lot of travel. It’s a tour that avoids awkward stops at tourist traps and not-so-clean restrooms. It’s the annual celebration of iconic dishes from across the country.
The first stop this summer is the South West menu from Wednesday June 1st to Saturday June 11th.
Each regional menu is created by one of Kingfisher’s Executive Chefs, Jim Murphy, Jeff Azerskyand Fred Harris, which is offered in addition to the regular Kingfisher menu. Also, to add an icing on the cake, pastry chef Marianne Banes will serve a delicious dessert creation for every stage of the journey, and the talented bar staff are on hand to create a perfectly matched cocktail.
The Southwest Menu is the first stop on the 2022 Summer Road Trip with a menu presented by Chef Jim Murphy from Wednesday, June 1 through Saturday, June 11.
SOUTH-WEST MENU – ROAD TRIP 2022
- Albondigas with seafood – seafood balls, tomato broth with spicy shellfish, fresh coriander and rajas
- Baked Gulf Oysters, “Rocky Point” – coriander pesto with pine nuts, homemade reposado tequila and cotija cheese
- Guaymas shrimps rubbed with grilled achiote – corn chalupa, charro beans, shredded lettuce, coleslaw, pickled vegetables, avocado cream and Cotija cheese
- Venado Guisada – Roasted venison stew, dried cascabel pepper, poblanos, tomato, chicken broth, carrots, potato, garlic, fresh oregano, salsa fresca and flour tortilla
- Ibarra chocolate flan – with Mexican wedding cookies and whipped cream
If you can’t get on board on this first road trip, there will be plenty more to attend throughout the season. Here’s the rest of the schedule happening at the downtown restaurant:
- Pacific Northwest (from Tuesday June 14 to Saturday June 25)
- South (from Tuesday June 28 to Saturday July 2 and from Tuesday July 19 to Saturday July 23)
- Great Plains/Midwest (Tuesday July 26 to Saturday August 6)
- Back East (from Tuesday August 9 to Saturday August 20)
- California/Hawaii (from Tuesday August 23 to Saturday September 3)
The restaurant, which offers a mix of regional influences, seafood dishes, grilled meats and poultry entrees, is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Kingfisher Bar & Grill is located at 2564 E Grant Rd. For reservations call (520) 323-7739 and visit kingfishertucson.com for more information.