Starbucks USA will test 18 new menu items multi-tiered, including six savory dishes and all-vegan desserts. One of the options will be sous vide bites made with JUST Egg and Daring plant-based chicken. The limited menu will be available at three Starbucks stores in the DC Metro area.
Menu items will include a Plant-Based Chicken Sausage and Peppercorn Sous Vide Bite, a Plant-Based Smoky Poblano and Black Bean Sous-Vide Bite, and a Chicken Sausage and Plant-Based Mini Sandwich. with herbal pepper.
They’ll also be testing three other vegan treats, including Golden Ginger Coconut Boba Bite, Mocha Coconut Boba Bite, and Warm Oatmeal Bite with Granola Crunch.
“Starbucks continues to transform how we drive innovation for the future of business,” a Starbucks spokesperson said. “One of the ways we’re doing this is by focusing on improving the Starbucks experience by testing and expanding our food menu.”
While this isn’t the first time the coffee giant has tested JUST Egg, it will be the very first time the chain has offered vegan chicken products in the United States. It’s great to see big chains like this starting to offer vegan items.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could offset 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020experts suggest the plant-based foods market could be worth more than $162 billion by the end of the decade.
Simple ways to help the planet:
- Eat less meat: To download food monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help you reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy. You can also purchase a paper or electronic copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce your fast mode footprint: Take the lead by mobilizing against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like small rescue that raise awareness of important issues through zero-waste recycled clothing designed to be returned and remade again and again.
- Support independent media: Public funding gives us a greater chance of continuing to provide you with high quality content. Please consider support us by making a donation!
- Sign a petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals and the planet.
- Stay informed: Keep up to date with the latest news and important stories about animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do what you can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse things, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, wash cold, get rid of fossil fuels, save water, buy wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, save energy, compost, and don’t forget the microplastics and microbeads lurking in household products and routine personal care!